includes use of an Acura ILX$650
with your street-legal car
Call (419) 884-4000
|April: 7, 13, 25, 29
|May: 16, 23, 31
|June: 19, 27
|July: 11, 17, 20
|August: 1, 15, 21, 22, 28, 29
|September: 6, 13, 18
|October: 2, 27
|(-) Sold Out
Learn why your vehicle performs the way it does and how to maximize that performance on the street for more driving enjoyment and to be prepared for any emergency situation. This course covers the physics and dynamics of precision driving then tests participant skills behind-the-wheel in intense off-track performance driving drills. The highlight of this entry level program includes an hour-long, on-track lapping session at day's end. Participants will also spend time driving the Honda S2000 roadster. Sign in begins at 9:00 am. Classroom session begins at 9:30 am and the day concludes by 6:00 pm. This course takes place at the venerable Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course.
- Classroom covers the physics and dynamics of precision driving
- Understand seating position and how it relates to your inputs to the controls
- Tests participants behind-the-wheel in intense, off-track high performance drills
- Skid car drill covers over-steer, under-steer and loss of control recovery
- High speed braking and turning drill dissects the corner and teaches emergency reactions
- Autocross/Line drill helps you perfect your timing and understand proper cornering techniques to be smooth and precise.
- Participate in an hour-long, on-track lapping session at the day's end
- Participants will also spend time driving the Honda S2000 Roadsters
Approximate Amount of Seat Time*
Paddock Drills - 4 hours
On Track Lapping - 1 hour
*Subject to change
This Course Is Ideally Suited For:
- Performance driving enthusiasts with a desire to experience the track while improving their street driving skills and to be prepared for any and all emergency situations on the road
- Drivers who have had a previous incident or loss of control that has made them nervous or tentative behind the wheel
- Younger drivers and/or families interested in a bonding experience that will also make them better drivers
- Any driver interested in learning to be a better driver and improving focus and behind the wheel skills
"I went to the school to learn the fundamentals of racing and also to do some lapping around Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course. After I went once, I found that it was just not enough. There is so much to learn and the seat time behind the wheel becomes addictive."
-Bop Hallapy (Dublin, Ohio), Acura High Performance and Advanced High Performance graduate
"I appreciate all you did toward making my first track driving experience such a memorable one."
-Nancy L. Altenburg
"Thanks for a great day! It was the best Christmas present I could have hoped for."