includes use of an Acura ILX$750
with your street-legal car
Call (419) 884-4000
|August: 2, 16
|October: 3, 28
Attack the same course that challenges the world's top racers by breaking it down in to smaller segments and repeatedly practicing those segments. Refine your new high performance skills, learn more precise lines and apply these during high-speed cornering and lead follow lapping drills. The final step to open lapping includes instructor rides and passing drills before taking the green flag to several hours of open lapping with controlled passing. Participants must first complete the Acura High Performance Course. All driving instruction takes place on the racetrack! Registration begins at 9:00 am. Class begins at 9:30 am and ends no later than 6:00 pm. This courses takes place at Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course, 7721 Lexington-Steam Corners Rd., Lexington, Ohio.
- Short Classroom reviewing day one with Q&A and discussing subtleties and driving lines for a quick Mid-Ohio lap time
- Lead/follow Segment drills covering all corners of the race track in three smaller segments including Instructor rides
- Multiple laps riding with Instructor to further define proper lines, markers and techniques for open lapping
- Open lapping time for participants includes the option to Lead/Follow with Instructor, Instructor rides, Pit Lane downloads and critique
Approximate Amount of Seat Time
On Track Drills - 4 hours*
On Track Open Lapping - 2 hours*
*Subject to change
This Course Is Ideally Suited For:
- Acura High Performance Program Graduates looking for a more in-depth look at the challenging corners that make up Mid Ohio Sports Car Course
- Acura High Performance Program Graduates who want to take the next step and participate in open lapping sessions
- Car club members interested in a better understanding of Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course in a low traffic non-racing environment
- Racers and Time Trial Drivers new to Mid-Ohio who want to master the circuit before that race weekend in a non-racing environment
"I went to the school to learn the fundamentals of racing and also to do some lapping around Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course. After I went once, I found that it was just not enough. There is so much to learn and the seat time behind the wheel becomes addictive."
-Bop Hallapy (Dublin, Ohio), Acura High Performance and Advanced High Performance graduate
"I appreciate all you did toward making my first track driving experience such a memorable one."
-Nancy L. Altenburg
"Thanks for a great day! It was the best Christmas present I could have hoped for."