Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course announces full schedule of events for 2016
The racing events for the 2016 season will include:
- The Vintage Grand Prix at Mid-Ohio, June 24-26
- AMA Vintage Motorcycle Days, July 8-10
- The Honda Indy 200 at Mid-Ohio, July 29-31 (Verizon IndyCar Series, the Mazda Road to Indy ladder and Pirelli World Challenge will all race)
- Mid-Ohio 200 (formerly known as the Nationwide Children’s Hospital 200), August 12-13 (NASCAR XFINITY Series, Trans Am, and the Formula 4 United States Championship will take to the track)
- SCCA National Championship Runoffs, September 19-25 (new for 2016)
"Mid-Ohio presents another colorful and action-packed summer of racing for motorsport fans," said Craig Rust, President of Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course and The Mid-Ohio School. "Our 2016 schedule will continue to thrill fans, at one of the most historic and picturesque North American race tracks. A weekend at Mid-Ohio is a weekend to remember, no matter what your racing preference."
The Mid-Ohio School will offer more than 100 dates in 2016, with a full course load of racing and driving instruction – more than a dozen different courses – for beginners and veteran drivers alike. Lessons will be available for individuals and groups.
VIP Race Passes and tickets for individual events for the 2016 season are available now at www.midohio.com or by phone Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. at 419-884-4000. Children under 12 are admitted free with a supervising adult and general parking is also free for all events.
2016 Pricing and Savings
- VIP Season Ticket Renewals: $215 through January 3, 2016
- Event tickets advance pricing, through May 1, 2016
- Driving course gift certificates: buy one, get one 50 per cent off Honda Teen Defensive Driving and Acura High Performance, available from December 1, 2016 through January 3, 2016
- Riding course gift certificates: 15 per cent off Performance Track Riding Full Day and Performance Track Riding Twilight, available from December 1, 2016 through January 3, 2016
About Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course
A comprehensive motorsports facility, Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course features a permanent road-racing circuit with two primary configurations: a 2.4-mile, 15 turn, and a 2.25-mile, 13-turn circuit. The park-like, 330-acre complex is located in Lexington, Ohio, near Mansfield, 60 miles north of Columbus and 75 miles south of Cleveland. The track has been called the most competitive course in the U.S. and hosts a diverse lineup of locally, regionally and nationally sanctioned racing events for amateur, club and professional drivers and riders. Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course opened in 1962 and is owned and operated by Green Savoree Mid-Ohio, LLC. For more information, visit www.midohio.com.
About The Mid-Ohio SchoolThe Mid-Ohio School provides professional driving and riding instruction to drivers and motorcyclists of all skill levels. The school’s 16 automobile courses include Defensive Driving, High Performance and Racing programs. The motorcycle side features two Performance Track Riding formats. Students enjoy classroom sessions, skill drills, expert private instruction and lapping on the same track that challenges the world’s top racers. The school is a member of the AAA Approved School Network and the most recent recipient of the Ohio State Highway Patrol’s Partners for Safety Award. In 21 seasons, The Mid-Ohio School has seen 54,800 all-time graduates, including over 16,800 teenage drivers and 11,900 motorcyclists. For a schedule or more information, visit www.midohioschool.com.